Americans who are suffering from anxiety are experiencing more and often debilitating symptoms in response to news about the coronavirus pandemic. The Center for Disease Control reminds us that that stress during an infectious disease outbreak can include:
- Fear and worry about your own health and the health of your loved ones
- Changes in sleep or eating patterns
- Difficulty sleeping or concentrating
- Worsening of chronic health problems
- Increased use of alcohol, tobacco, or other drugs
These are good reasons why we should continue with our mental health treatment. We need to watch out for an increase in frequency, duration and intensity of our symptoms.
We don’t want you to come in to see us if you are sick. You can meet your therapist using Telemental Health. At ICLLC, we use HIPAA compliant software to communicate with you across the internet using a smartphone, tablet, laptop or PC. It’s easy.
If you are struggling with coronavirus anxiety, any fears or feeling helpless, give us a call. 724-256-9881 Stress weakens our immune system. This makes us more prone to illness – this is the opposite of what we need right now.